Help collect unwanted electronics for recycling and get paid!
Are you looking for a position with limited hours a month or just some extra cash in your pocket? Are you interested in working for a local environmentally sustainable company? Do you enjoy working outside, in a fun family like atmosphere? Then, consider joining our team for Electronics Collection Events! Sunnking, Inc. is currently looking to expand our team for Electronics Collection Events that take place across New York State.
Sunnking was initially formed in 2000 as a reseller of electronic equipment. As equipment was bought and sold, there came a point when we had accumulated equipment with no value. True electronic scrap! Owner, Duane Beckett, turned to his previous 10 years in the scrap metal industry and began recycling the obsolete equipment as scrap metal. Knowing that clean streams and maximum weight means better returns, Sunnking invested in simple yet effective recycling equipment to separate each commodity stream. As the industry of e-scrap evolved and the “green” movement escalated, Sunnking was able to position itself as a leader in this industry. The combination of scrap metal experience with high tech sales channels created the model that we still use today. Since our start, Sunnking has increased recycling volumes to over 20 million pounds annually and is NY State’s first EPA R2 certified recycler.
At Sunnking, Inc., our mission is to provide superior asset management and recovery services to business and government organizations by using proven reuse and recycling techniques that maximize asset value, promote environmental sustainability and meet the data sanitation requirements of our clients.
Electronics Collection Event Staff is tasked with a variety of duties and responsibilities during an Electronics Collection Event. Events typically take place every other weekend (schedule is subject to change) on Saturdays throughout the year (excluding the months November, December, January, and February). As an Electronics Collection Event Staff your duties may include but are not limited to; assisting with event set up, unloading materials from vehicles, working the line, properly stacking and packing collected recycled materials, loading the trailer (using a pallet jack and/or operating a forklift). You will be scheduled based on event needs and your availability.
Work Schedule: Saturdays only (part-time)
Hours: Typically, 7AM -5PM (Between 6-10 hours per event)
– Event set up (place cones, lines, gaylords, pallets, etc.)
– Lift materials to be collected from residents’ vehicles
– Separate collected materials into appropriate bins, stack and wrap collected recycled materials
– Properly package collected materials.
– Clean up materials; broken pieces, glass, etc.
– Load trailers for safe transport
– Miscellaneous duties; cutting cords, break down boxes, replenishing supplies, etc.
– Additional duties not listed above that management deem necessary for the position.
Work /Physical Requirements:
– Applicants must be at least 18yrs. of age
– Must be available to work Saturdays (March – October)
– Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
– Must be reliable, organized, takes initiative and be able to give clear direction to others
– Must have/own reliable transportation
– Must be able to work in all types of weather conditions (rain, snow, and heat)
– Must work well with others, in a team setting
– Event site locations; including but not limited to surrounding areas of Buffalo, Rochester, and Syracuse
– Events are typically held outside; work in a variety of weather, dust and noise conditions
– Team environment